Sunday, January 24, 2010

EZ snack

I haven't posted here in over 6 months, and Mary Cahoon requested that I start up again, so...

For this week's snack I'm going with a suggestion from Mary. She didn't tell me the recipe, so I had to do some research and experimentation. I'll save you all a lot of time by sharing what I found out.

Crackers and Cheese

1/7 Box crackers (any style)
1/11 block of cheese, sliced into slices 1/11 inch thick

1. Put a single cracker on a plate
2. Put a single slice of cheese on top of the cracker
3. Finally, top with another cracker

For those wanting more cheese, there are two options. Either put two slices of cheese in the middle or only slice it 1/7 inch thick. By the way, don't try more than two slices in the middle or cheese thicker than 1/7 inch. I found out the hard way this is too much cheese. Just trust me on this--you don't want to make the same mistake I did.

For those of you with New Years resolutions to eat healthier, I've included the following:

Health information (per sandwich)

Calories: 14 Pi (recall Pi=3.14159265359878....)
Fat: Yes, but only a tiny bit
Trans-fat: No, but only a tiny bit
Protein: Maybe
Carbohydrates: I think so
Vitamins: 114%
Riboflavin: 2 tablespoons
Sodium: Who cares?
Yumminess: 6 (I forget what this is on a scale of)
Weight watcher points: minus 2

--Dustin

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Dustin, do you know if pampered chef still carries an 1/11th inch cheese slicer?

Delcia said...

Dustin...I really want to know what happened when you put in two slices! I don't feel like I can just trust you on that one and I really am feeling tempted to go with two...please explain!