Sunday, February 26, 2012

Curried Cranberry Chicken Salad

I've been on a Crasins kick and decided to obey the package's suggestion to find more recipes at oceanspray.com.  Here is the original link I found.  So easy and super yummy.  I had no lime juice or green onions, so I just left them out, but I added grapes and green pepper... cuz I had them.  I hope you try it!

 Curried Cranberry Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lime juice
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1 medium apple, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion

Directions:

Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and curry powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill. Best prepared and served within 8 hours.*

Makes 5 cups.

*To make a day ahead, stir in dried cranberries, pecans and green onion into the salad
mixture up to 8 hours before serving.

1 comment:

Ashley Dawn said...

Oooh, I should've been checking this blog a lot more.