Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cilantro Pesto Pasta Recipe

Sisters, Do you use CILANTRO in your homemade food????  You should.  It is SO yummy!
I had some leftover from my black bean salad recipe that I made last week and I wanted to use it.  I was also in a time crunch and had to resort to a spaghetti dinner, but I thought maybe I could do something with the cilantro for a different sauce.  Thanks to Rachael Ray for this one.

Ingredients

  • 1 clove garlic, cracked away from the skin--I used the jar of garlic from Costco 1/2 tsp
  • 2 inches fresh ginger root, chopped--I just used powdered ginger
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes--these make it spicy, so cut them down or out if that's not your thing
  • 3 ounces, about 1/2 cup, macadamia nuts--I used raw peanuts (cuz that's the only nut I had)
  • 1 lime, juiced (I just used lime juice)
  • 1 cup cilantro leaves
  • 1/2 cup evoo -- extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
  • 1 teaspoon coarse salt, eyeball it in palm of your hand
  • 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente, 1/2 cup pasta water reserved

Directions

Place first 8 ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth, then add the pasta water. Toss with hot pasta, adjust seasonings, then serve immediately.

SOOOO easy and delicious!!!

No comments: