Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies

Enough with all the healthy food.  I don't eat much of it-so I'm moving on to the good stuff.  Here it is-the classic Mullen Cowboy Cookies recipe.  Told from memory by me:

1 1/2 eggs
1 cup margarine.  Note-don't use butter, nor Becel.  Only margarine.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup black sugar (we don't want anybody to accuse me of being racist)
1 cup white sugar
1 gallon vanilla  (every recipe always asks for a tsp.  I think this will really give it flavor)

2 cups white flour (because any other kind is healthy)
1 tsp baking soda (or baking powder or any other white powdery stuff in your spice cabinet)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper (whenever there is salt, there has to be pepper)
2 cups oatmeal (or you can leave this out if you want)
6 cups chocolate chip (this way every cookie has at least 16 chocolate chips in it)

Mix them all in a bosch.  If you don't have a bosch, lament around Gran and Auntie Beryl and you'll soon receive one as a gift.  Then put them on a cookie sheet in little balls and bake at 449.8 degrees Kelvin.  Note not Farenheit but Kelvin.  If you don't know what that is you can google it, or ask Alanna.  Bake for 1.90132588 × 10-5 years.  Enjoy!

Best of all, as we're not worrying about being healthy we don't even need to figure out how many points this is! 


P.S.  Why are these called Cowboy Cookies?

--Dustin

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

At first I saw those cookies and thought that Alanna had burned yet another batch. Yet I NOW know that it is just the Black Sugar involved...

Hayley said...

Who is this guy? Where did Alanna find him?

(Nothing like a little pepper and black sugar in your cookies....)

Delcia said...

Hey Dustin!
After you make these will you bring them over for me to see? Note: just see...I sure don't want to taste them!! I'm still trying to picture a cookie with a gallon of vanilla in the mix! You might have to bake them on a cookie sheet with high sides!